NavBar

FAQContact TKWritingReviews

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Bloodrose (book 3) - Andrea Cremer


***SPOILER ALERT***
This is a series book and should not be read unless you have already read Wolfsbane!



Overview:
Calla has always welcomed war.
But now that the final battle is upon her, there’s more at stake than fighting. There’s saving Ren, even if it incurs Shay’s wrath. There’s keeping Ansel safe, even if he’s been branded a traitor. There’s proving herself as the pack’s alpha, facing unnamable horrors, and ridding the world of the Keepers’ magic once and for all. And then there’s deciding what to do when the war ends. If Calla makes it out alive, that is.
Review:
the last book in the Nightshade trilogy, brings the reader to the edge of suspense and back. Bloodrose picks up almost exactly where Wolfsbane ended, and continues on this adventure. Tensions arise as alliances have been formed and lines drawn in the sand. The Searchers and the Keepers are aware of the looming battle, and unfortunately the Guardians have a clear division between the Nightshade and the Bane pack. With Shay and the pack members that have joined her, they work with the Searchers to find the missing pieces to the Cross. Internal struggles bring Calla into this tug-of-war between Ren and Shay, both alphas in their own right, and both deserving of her love. Calla has grown in the three books, and I think she is the strongest in Bloodrose. She oozes with confidence and finds her wisdom in the darkest of hours.



I am unsure of what I feel in regards to the plot. I felt that there was a steady progression with the story that was leading to an epic battle. I felt that I was on the edge of my seat many, many times. The characters were involved, the scenes engaging, and the writing on point. But I wanted more, as I mostly do with many good stories. I felt that there were things left unsaid or things left undone.



Thanks for listening to my opinions!
 ~Raschel

No comments:

Post a Comment