NavBar

FAQContact TKWritingReviews

Friday, May 15, 2009

You are so UNDEAD to Me by Stacey Jay


Overview:
Fifteen-year-old Megan Berry is a Zombie Settler by birth, which means she's part-time shrink to a bunch of dead people with a whole lot of issues.
All Megan wants is to be normal and go to homecoming, of course. Unfortunately, it's a little difficult when your dates keep getting interrupted by a bunch of slobbering Undead.
Things are about to get even more complicated for Megan. Someone in school is using black magic to turn average, angsty Undead into flesh-eating Zombies, and it's looking like homecoming will turn out to be a very different type of party the bloody kind.
Megan must stop the Zombie apocalypse descending on Carol, Arkansas. Her life and more importantly, homecoming depends on it.

Review: 
Stacey Jay is a zombie genius. If we ever had a zombie apocalypse, I’d make sure to head over to her house because she would be the one saving us all from disaster. Megan was a kick-ass kick-butt heroine and I really want to be her friend.



Five heart rating! At some points while reading, I was caught completely off guard- which is always good. The characters in this book were fabulous. They were all really well written and I could relate to most of them a lot. There was also the drop-dead (pardon the pun) gorgeous, Ethan. I love cute guys in books, I’m pretty sure everyone does. But Ethan? Yeah, he’s extra cute, which made this book even more fun while reading. One of the things I loved most about You Are So Undead to Me was how easy it was to read it. When I think of zombies, my brain immediately thinks of blood, gore, and guts (not to mention the serious want to scream bloody murder and run up a tree!) You Are So Undead to Me has all of that, but it pairs it with a light and funny narrator and high-school backdrop. I think that Jay found the perfect balance between serious and funny, bloody and girly, and fighting and kissing.
I totally recommend this book to zombie-lovers and YA-lovers everywhere. It made me stay up until 2am because I wanted to finish reading it so much.


Thanks for listening to my opinion!

No comments:

Post a Comment